Procedure for XAT Registration for payment through Demand Draft
XAT Registration: In order to register online for XAT, the candidate has to visit the website xatonline.net.in and click "XAT Registration". The XAT Registration page opens up wherein he/she has to fill-in the online XAT form. The information to be provided includes personal details and payment option details.
XAT ID and Password: After successful submission of the personal details , the candidate will immediately get his/her XAT ID and password by email. The candidate has to log in to his/her e-mail address provided for registration and validate the mail received by him/her from XAT by logging in again at xatonline.net.in .
Prepare Demand Draft: Next, the candidate has to get a Demand Draft made, of the requisite amount (Rs. 950.00 for General / OBC & Rs. 650.00 for SC/ST candidates), in favour of �XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT� payable at Jamshedpur.
Payment Update: The candidate visits xatonline.net.in and logs in XAT registration using his/her XAT ID and password and fills the Demand Draft No. and issue date . The candidate is now required to upload his / her scanned photograph and signature.
The candidate continues and completes his / her education details. You should now proceed further to opt for the payment mode thru 'IDBI Bank'
TO UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPHS AND SIGNATURES
Please note that all applicants are required to upload their scanned(digital) photographs and signature and the file size of each of the Photograph and Signature should not be more than *50 KB per file. The online application system will not allow to upload files larger than 50 KB. All Candidates have to upload his / her Photograph and Signature only in "Jpeg" format and file name of Photograph and signature should preferably be photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg respectively.
For Uploading photograph
- Take your recent colour passport size photograph in digital format. The picture should be taken against a light/white background. In case the face on the photograph is not clear , your application is liable to be rejected
- File size of each of the Photograph should not be more than 50 KB per file , otherwise it will not be allowed by the System to upload.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the passport size photograph in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor. Please ensure that only the full face portion is cropped and not the entire photograph.
For Uploading signature
- The candidate himself/herself should sign( no capital letters) on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Scan the signature in 200 dpi( dots per inch) scanner resolution settings and the file size should be less than 50 kb in jpeg format.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the signature in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor. Please ensure that only the signature portion is cropped and not the entire A4 paper on which you have signed.
Once the photograph and signature files are uploaded by the candidate successfully, the system will show on the screen the Photograph and Signature that has been uploaded. If these have been correctly uploaded.
How to ensure that the Photograph and Signature are within 50 KB per file.
- Should you have a digital or scanned photograph and signature, please open the same in MS Paint by right clicking the photographs
- Press Ctrl + W ,a window will open which will have an option 'resize by %'. Here enter anything between 10 to 50% and save the file with an extension .jpeg.
- Check for the size of the file in 'properties'. If the file size is still higher than 50 KB, once again open in paint and resize it to bring it down to less than 50KB.
- Repeat this process till the file size is less than 50 KB.
Save this file with the file Name as mentioned above as photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg
Send to XAT Office: The candidate has to then send the XAT Registration Confirmation Page - Demand Draft Mode (attach caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates) to XAT Office, Jamshedpur through courier/ registered post/speed post in a suitable envelope. This should reach the XAT Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001.
Keeping a copy of XAT ID & Password: The candidate is advised to keep a photocopy of the demand draft, XAT Registration Confirmation Page - Demand Draft Mode printout and note the XAT ID and password for future correspondence with XAT Office.
Download Admit Card: For Admit Card, the candidate has to visit our website xatonline.net.in, any time between 18 December 2012 and 31 December 2012 and take a print out of the same where the address of the test centre will be mentioned.