Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the Registration for XAT 2013 Start?
- Registration for XAT 2013 starts on 20th August 2012 and ends on 05th December 2012.
- Last date is 10th December 2012
- A bachelors degree under 10+2+3 system from a recognized university or a deemed university.
- Yes, you are eligible to apply for XAT 2013.
- Yes, you are eligible for admission to XLRI. You need to complete your final year examination by June 10, 2013. Other XAT Members Institutes may have a different date regarding the completion of the final examination.
- Please enter the aggregate percentage obtained in the previous years of the qualifying degree.
The XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI and more than 100 other Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes in the home page). If you are interested in XLRI or any other XAT Associate institute, you need to register and apply separately for the academic programmes of the concerned institute.
- There are 44 cities in India and 3 international cities in which XAT exam shall be conducted. In Metros and large cities there will be multiple Test Centres.
- Results will be available on the website by 31st January 2013.
Go to the IDBI Bank Branch where you paid the XAT charges with a copy of the XAT printable page and request them to give you a photocopy of the pay-in-slip and put COPY along with bank's original seal and signature on it.
- You can download your admit card from our website www.xatonline.net.in any time during December 18, 2012 - December 31, 2012. XAT office will not be sending admit cards to any candidates.
- You can visit our website www.xatonline.net.in any time during December 18, 2012 - December 31, 2012 to know about the Centre.
- You are expected to reach the Test Centre before 09:30 am on the day of the test. This will help you to locate your seat and give you some time to reflect.
- The test will be of 3 hours i.e. from 10:30am to 01:30pm.
The test is multiple choice type and the duration will be of 3 hours . The exam will be divided into 2 parts. Part A will be of 2:20 hrs which consists of Quantitative Ability, English Language Ability & Logical Reasoning and Decision Making. Part B of the exam comprises of Essay writing and General Awareness. Duration of this section is of 40 minutes. Questions in General Awareness will be from Business, Economics and Politics related to Business Environment. Candidates have to attempt both essay as well as General Awareness
- You can download by accessing the link after completing the application in all respects.
- No, this is not required.
- Yes, the file size of the photograph or the signature file should not be more than 50 KB each. For steps to reduce file size click here...
On successfully making the payment and updating the same in your profile (in case of payment through Cash / Demand Draft mode), you are required to upload your recent passport size colour photograph (full height photographs/portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application summarily rejected) and your signature as per the instructions given on the relevant page and once you have uploaded them correctly, the page will display your photograph and signature.
You could either opt to make the payment through the online payment gateway, net-banking (for IDBI bank customers), demand draft or through cash payment in any branch of IDBI Bank .In case you choose to opt to make the payment through IDBI Bank branch, on selecting the appropriate option take a print out of the bank Pay-in-slip which is in three parts. The bank will return two parts of the Pay-in-slip duly signed & stamped .Retain your copy of the slip and paste the XAT copy on the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE - CASH MODE (attach caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates) and send it to XAT Office.
In case you choose the demand draft option, you need to get a demand draft in favour of "XLRI JAMSHEDPUR A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur, of the the appropriate amount (Rs. 950.00 in case of General and Rs. 650.00 in case of SC/ST) and send it to XAT Office alongwith the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE - DEMAND DRAFT MODE (attach caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates).
If you have opted to make the payment through the payment gateway or net-banking, after you successfully make the payment, you are required to upload your recent color photograph & signature in the prescribed format, a XAT Registration Confirmation Page - Online Payment Mode or a XAT Registration Confirmation Page - Net-banking Mode will appear and you need to take a print out of the same , sign it and sent it by post/courier to XAT office, XLRI, C.H. Area( East) Jamshedpur - 831 001 within seven days from the date of payment. The last date of receipt is 5th Dec. 2012.
Should you opt to make the payment in cash through IDBI Bank branch, on selecting the appropriate option take a print out of the bank Pay-in-slip which is in three parts. The bank will return two parts of the Pay-in-slip duly signed & stamped. Retain your copy of the slip. Log in to xatonline.net.in and enter the transaction no. date of payment, Branch Name etc., you are required to upload your recent color photograph & signature in the prescribed format and take a print out of the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE - CASH MODE (attach caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates). Paste the XLRI copy of the Bank Pay-in-slip on the XAT Confirmation page and send it to XAT Office, XLRI, C.H. Area( East) Jamshedpur - 831 001 within seven days from the date of payment.
Should you opt to make the payment through demand draft you are required to get a demand draft made of requisite amount in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur. Log in to xatonline.net.in and enter the demand draft no. date of DD, Bank name etc., you are required to upload your recent color photograph & signature in the prescribed format and take a print out of the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE – DEMAND DRAFT MODE (attach caste certificate in case of SC/ST candidates). Attach the demand draft along with the XAT Confirmation page and send it to XAT Office, XLRI, C.H. Area (East) Jamshedpur – 831 001 within seven days from the date of issue of demand draft.
XAT office on receipt of the XAT Registration Confirmation Page will after verifying from the bank, update on a first come first served basis until December 10th 2012. Candidates have to log in through their XAT id to check if their form has been received or not.
The XAT database would be accessible to all institutes who use XAT score for admissions.
This could be a temporary problem and will get resolved within 24-48 hours. Please wait for 24-48 hours and send a mail to email@example.com only if you are still not able to view the final confirmation page. Please do not attempt to make a second payment immediately.
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your XAT ID, date of payment, card holders name and the credit/debit card details (first four & last four digits and card expiry date).
No, confirmation page will not be sent through email. Please login again and click on "Print Confirmation Page". For some reason, if you do not find this link immediately, please wait for 24hrs for the link to appear. Incase the link does not appear in 24hrs, write to email@example.com with your XATID and date of payment.
Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined .If you encounter any such problems, we suggest you make the payment by Cash Mode through any branch of IDBI Bank. Please read through the process for making the payment through Cash Mode. Alternatively, you may pay through demand draft. Please read through the process for making the payment through Demand Draft Mode.